Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

For the sake of records,

For the sake of records,
I'm silent because, language speaks against me.

It seems the value has been reduced,
Of words and their status,
Also the assumptions are clear,
Involvement is the proof of guilt.
I'm destined to be a predicate,
No complaints the dice has been cast.

Memories were always a problem, particularly now,
Ethics seem to be its new crush.
Brutal have been my dreams,
Outraged, I am. Confused,
If they are ethical or personal.
My dreams i mean.

Muted my protest sounds effeminate and,
I'm tired to lend strength of voice.
My conscience in perpetual friction calls me "The Other"
I am not stingy.
I return the compliment, a retort laced with a smile,
'So are you'
The unsaid words are left to the silence.
Wishing the void never discovers the entry.
And then, Silence springs a surprise,
Voices the word 'Coward.'
Both of us believe its for "the other".

The attempts to mask have never been typical,
Outcome however is typified.
Encroaching space, I laminate my Ego.
Failing to notice, the bruise.
Already suffered.
My ego now shall hold a proof,
For time, for people and spectators.
As always laughter pervades, I'm choked.
I laugh and thus I escape.
Bartering my soul again for freedom, momentary.
The laminated bruise smiles, holding testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment